Well, I'd be lying if I said adjusting to life in another country was easy. I've already caught myself saying "that is so weird" or
"why do they do that?" too many times in just the last four days. It is a blessing that Jeff has lived here before and can speak some of the language and knows his way around, but at times I feel like I'm just a tag-along. Now, I know in my heart that is not true and Jeff assures me that it is not. It is just something I have to work through. We've already gotten to spend time with many of the friends Jeff made while he was here in 1999-2001. We even got to celebrate a new Macedonian baby being born and had a party for the father of the baby while the mother and baby were still in the hospital. I told Jeff that if I ever have a baby here that he can't have a party without me! We have also had a bad experience with a rude real estate agent who kicked us out of her car when we didn't pay for her gas- -but at least she stopped the car at a bus stop! You have to look at the postive side of things and celebrate the small, I mean the really small victories- -like sucessfully buying a cell phone and registering with the police. All in all, the process is a fun, exciting one that I am very thankful to experience! Thanks for letting me share those experiences with you!
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment