We have been getting to know Butel (our area of town) Well, the other day we stumbled upon a little bakery and went inside. We began talking to the owner and another worker (let me rephrase- -Jeff began talking to them) and we introduced ourselves. When I said that my name was Amy, the lady's face lit up and she started pointing to the sign outside. Turns out, a Bakery halfway around the world is named after me : ) "Amy" is not a common name here and of course it is spelled with cyrillic letters but that just makes it even better! Jeff and I went again yesterday (we both have a bad sweet tooth) and asked the lady (her name is Ole) if I could drop by a few times a week and practice my Macedonian with her. She eagerly said "da" and I have a new friend and an excuse to eat a lot of sweets (well, that's not a good thing)....But, Jeff and I also found a gym just down the road from our house- -and we might join since it will be a good way to meet people and we can shed the extra pounds we gain from Ole!
A Big Happy Birthday to Tom Williams (aka Dad or Father-in-love)
No comments:
Post a Comment