
It has almost been one month since we arrived and things are coming along...slowly but surely...I have had about 8 language lessons and can have a basic conversation. Ole has laughed at me and so have others- -and of course there will be more! Pray that I can have courage to use what I know in my head and not be afraid of not saying it perfectly. Here is the view from our front balcony- -I kept waiting for a clear day so you could see the mountains- -they are beautiful on a day after it rains! I know you guys are feeling sorry for us by now : ) But, things are hard in a different way:
-Adjusting to the culture-giving up our "American Rights"
-Learning the Language Fluently- -not just getting by
-Finding our Place/Role- we are not 9 to 5
-Meeting New People- being bold when it is very uncomfortable
-Being away from Family and Friends
Thank you for praying for these things and for the people here in Macedonia!
Amy and Jeff
1 comment:
Hey guys, from the Hortons again,
It is great to read your news and requests and to see where you are!
Blessings on the life and work.
The place looks great... and the smiles too! The language will come! You can do it!
Tim and Kate are struggling with the not-9-to-5 schedule too! I hope your confidence will grow and you will know the best ways to spend your time. Blessings, from A Cross the Way! Mrs. H
Post a Comment