Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Mayan Birthday!



Yesterday was Maya, our language teacher's, birthday. She is 25! Just wanted to show some pics from her b-day. I made her a b-day lunch and cake- -and I spelled her name in English ( the way I write it ) and in Macedonian it actually reads "Ma-ooo-ah" That is the joke now! Last night we went to her family's apartment at 9:00pm and learned something new about the culture. We learned that they don't serve the cake until the very last, late at night, because they are afraid that people will get offended and think they want them to leave. So, we ate cake at 12:30am and didn't get home until around 1:30am. I felt bad because I served Maya her cake after lunch and she left right after that- -now I know why!!! I learn something new every day! : )

No comments: