
I was just thinking today, "I have nothing to blog about." I guess that could be a good thing! Well I took my camera into town in the chance that something would be worth taking a picture of. I decided while on the extremely hot bus, that I would give you a look into a bus ride in Skopje. Notice that there are only a few people on the bus because it was three in the afternoon when most people are smart enough not to get out (but, not us!)

So we had errands in town and afterwards we went to get back on the bus. By this time there were more people because it was now six. We took our usual spot standing up in the middle. About 30 seconds after the bus started moving...the next thing I know I am flying eight feet, sliding on the floor of the bus while people are yelling and trying to help me up. We found out that there were teenagers throwing rocks at the bus and the bus driver had to slam on his breaks, sending both me and Jeff flying as well as others. I banged my knee up, but nothing else. I was a little shook up, but was glad for the sympathy from the people on the bus, who made sure that I had a seat after that. The driver was still chasing down the kids on foot and after ten minutes of sitting still we decided that we'd just take a taxi. We always thought that taxis were more dangerous, but now I'm not so sure : )
1 comment:
Brian and I got a huge kick out of the bus driver trying to chase the kids down. We can totally see it. Don't you love it here!!!
Post a Comment