
Our American Break:
Once (or twice) a year we like to get away for a couple days to a land with American restaurants and real Movie theaters. Sofia, Bulgaria is cheaper than Thessaloniki, so we tend to go there. We just got back from one such trip where we ate KFC, Pizza Hut, Duncan Donuts, and Burger King. By the way, these are all places I didn't really like until I lived over here. We saw three summer blockbusters in just two days and here is our review of each (no spoilers):
The Dark Knight: Dark it was and a little creepy with Ledger being dead now. Jeff liked this one more than I did. What is with his "Batman" voice??
Hancock: Besides Will Smith being drunk for a third of the movie, this one had a twist that was not expected and we both found it entertaining. Jeff says I am the only one who could cry during this movie (someone please tell me I'm not the only one).
Prince Caspian: Not as good as the first one, but was still laced with Christian themes. It was a reminder to me about how we tend to take matters into our own hands, and how we really need to wait on God.
We are back now and re-energized for life in Prilep.
I'll post something of more significance later on.
1 comment:
Haha--you're not shallow, you're human. :) Glad you guys have a place to get your "fix" every-so-often. Love and miss you!
Post a Comment