Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Down on the Farm

We've made some new friends who have a farm. They raise pigs, chickens, and have a cow. They sell the fresh milk around town. Today we went to visit them and while we were there, they were preparing for lunch- -meaning they killed a chicken. I didn't watch and we left before lunchtime. We did leave with some fresh cheese and eggs though. Here are some pictures of the family and the livestock.
It is fair time in Texas and I have to say that every year I miss it makes me sad. So, I got a little taste (well, actually smell) of the fair today. Too bad I didn't get a fried snickers. Be sure and write me about all the new fair food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amy they have bacon dipped in chocolate and deep fried...haven't tried it yet! ~Trishla

Anonymous said...

amy they have bacon dipped in chocolate and deep fried...haven't tried it yet! ~Trishla