*Now about the cookies.....I haven't laughed at myself this hard in a while (well at least in a few days). I thought it would be cute to have little turkey sugar cookies. Well, I tried my best (I'm a little ashamed to say) and this is what I managed to come up with:
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Thanksgiving Bez Turkey
Thanksgiving without turkey...that is a first for me! We had ESL class tonight and made Thanksgiving sweets for our students. I made pumpkin pie and turkey-like sugar cookies*. Jackie made mini-pecan (walnut) pies. As I was talking about Thanksgiving to some of the girls, it hit me that this was most likely my first Thanksgiving without turkey. I know it is the meaning of the holiday that is important but I missed the big bird. Don't worry, we're getting the full meal on Saturday with some friends and co-workers.
*Now about the cookies.....I haven't laughed at myself this hard in a while (well at least in a few days). I thought it would be cute to have little turkey sugar cookies. Well, I tried my best (I'm a little ashamed to say) and this is what I managed to come up with:
I had people tell me they looked like Indians with head-dresses, baseball gloves, aliens, someone on fire...oh well- -I got a good laugh and they were enjoyed by all- -whatever they were (they're all gone). Here is some proof:
*Now about the cookies.....I haven't laughed at myself this hard in a while (well at least in a few days). I thought it would be cute to have little turkey sugar cookies. Well, I tried my best (I'm a little ashamed to say) and this is what I managed to come up with:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment