
I walked to town ALONE last night to do some shopping- -very rare, but I have to say it was nice. There was the most beautiful sunset I have seen since being in Macedonia (at least that I can remember). Thankfully, I had my camera (unfortunately not my good one) in my purse and I got a couple of pictures that came nowhere close to capturing the amazing beauty that I could see with my own eyes. It made me think of Sunday night when when we had a discussion group about parenting and we were talking to a lady here who said that she is "ready for hell" and that she "knows that is what she deserves." Tears welled up in my eyes and as I thought of the magnitude of her statements. I had never heard anyone say they were ready for hell. Kyle was explaining to her that she was right about deserving hell- -because we all deserve it because of the sin in our lives. BUT....thankfully, Jesus died because of our sins so that we could live....eternally....with GOD! We can't earn salvation. There were so many things I wanted to say, but the lump in my throat and my fear of messing up the Macedonian language in a larger group (something I am working on- -pray for me) kept me from saying anything....so I prayed. This lady has not seen Jesus with spiritual eyes. We are showing her a picture through our words and our lives. She needs to "see" HIM in HIS amazing beauty and believe. My heart is so broken for her, but it made me realize that I am not broken enough for the others. The ones who seem to have most of the truth but are missing the crucial element of GRACE ALONE. Please pray with us for this lady and for others here.
No comments:
Post a Comment