Friday, September 30, 2011

More grandparents, cooking with kids, and another wedding

So, since my last post, we went to another wedding (this time in Skopje). It was great to see since Jeff has known the groom for 12 years now...he's the Pastor's son of the church in Skopje. He was only 14 when Jeff first got to Macedonia as a journeyman.

My parents (Mawmaw and Dedo) came and we had a great 2 week visit mainly just hanging around Prilep. Kaleb was supposed to have his hand surgery on the 27th, but got sick around his birthday and we had to reschedule it for October 11th, pending he doesn't get sick again. You can see pictures of the kids and grandparents on the kids' blog.

I also tried something new.....cooking with kids. In Texas I taught a cooking for kids class at a junior college one summer and turns out that little kids all over the world love to cook! We made mini-pizzas and despite a mistake I made on the date of the invite, we still had 12 moms and their 12 kids show up (6 moms that I had never met before)! We'll be doing those once a month along with the story hour once a month. I am so excited to be meeting so many young moms!

No comments: