.....a lost (or stolen) leather jacket I got a month ago
.....a lost sister in Christ (moved to another country)
.....a lost 41 week old baby in the womb of a friend
.....lostness
What moves me more? I've faced all of these things this week (and it's not even Wednesday) and all of them made me sad. The leather jacket a little more than it should I'm ashamed to admit. Vale, a sister in Christ, moved to Serbia because she found work there. The lost baby makes my heart ache and the tears flow and it should.... But what I realized through grieving this little one is that I'm not as concerned for the lostness all around me in this world.
I like to read the yahoo headlines and today it really struck me that many of them where are about the Kardashians who I honestly know NOTHING about. Yahoo, and I guess America, thinks that a less than 3 month marriage is
1) news,
2) entertaining,
3) surprising in Hollywood.
It makes me sad. It breaks my heart. "It" being the lostness of this world.
I want to be broken and on my knees for the things of God...for the people that God has created. Salvation. Redemption. Sanctification. Lead us to Your Cross where Your love poured out...
No comments:
Post a Comment