Monday, May 14, 2012

How will they hear?

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?"
 Romans 10:14
Jeff took this picture of me about 9 years ago before we even thought about dating...believe me....we were in the Middle East and I'm not sure what I was thinking as I looked out that window (since I wasn't even aware that Jeff was taking the picture). I'd like to say that I was praying for the lost, those who were desperate for The Savior.  I very well may have just been catching a breeze since it was probably 115 degrees.... :)

Well,  9 years later and a lot has changed. A LOT! But, one thing that hasn't is our calling....to share God's love with those who have not heard or understood.

 A couple of days ago that was renewed for me when I heard a close friend of ours say, "why did Amy and Jeff have to come all the way from America for me to finally hear the truth."

Here, grace can easily be overshadowed and many eyes are blinded by tradition and an effort to earn salvation. We have friends who want to know the full truth of God's amazingly wonderful Gospel and we are so encouraged and challenged by the privilege we've been entrusted with. I pray that the Lord finds us faithful...

No comments: