So, it seems like I'm only blogging on holidays now. Such is life these days.....busy! Since my last post we celebrated Orthodox Easter (last Sunday) and today we celebrate Moms. Well, actually today in Macedonia is just a normal day. It's funny celebrating holidays when no else around you is. Makes you feel odd as if we didn't already feel out of place :). Today I woke up to a husband trying to let me sleep in, but my kids wouldn't have it. I got homemade "Valentine's Day" cards from the kids and then yummy french toast with strawberries and I read the funny e-cards Jeff had sent me.
And...at that point, it became a "normal" day. Except that those really don't exist. :)
We had a great meeting with those who are getting baptized in 3 weeks...there are 5 of them (Praise the Lord!) We talked about our statement of beliefs and coming up with our own covenant. We are seriously praising God at all HE has done this past year!
Then I ran home to get lunch ready for a family from the village that was coming over. Turns out that even after 6 years, some things I still haven't quite learned. I forgot that (in general) Macedonians really dislike trying new or different foods. As we awkwardly ate a meal they didn't know what to do with, I thought to myself....next time we'll just order out.
Now we are getting ready to host the weekly Bible study in our home tonight and cleaning must commence.
It's not been a typical Mother's Day, but a good day that the Lord has made.
It's a day that my kids got on my nerves at times, but I still love them dearly and thank God for them.
It's a day when I got frustrated that the Macedonians wouldn't eat my version of chicken cordon bleu, but I thank God for many good friends, a home to welcome them to, and food to put on the table.
It's a day I'm thankful to be a mom and for my own mom and all that she has done for me.
Happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment