Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Here and There

It has been a while since I've been on this blog.  I really hope and have great expectations to remedy that.

So...we started the long trek back to Prilep, Macedonia exactly a week ago.  Do you ever say things and think you believe them with all your heart and then those words are tested with real life?  All summer long as we spoke at different churches I shared over and over again how Macedonia has become our home by God's incredible grace and faithfulness.  The last couple of weeks as we said goodbye to friends and loved ones, I felt like those words were put to the ultimate test.  As I hugged my only niece for the last time knowing that most likely I wouldn't see her precious face for 3 long years I had to constantly remind myself of the call we have on our lives....

The call that God has placed on our lives.

He is worth the good-byes.  The Skype calls that have to replace hugs.  The missed birthdays and holidays.

The love He has for the Macedonians is compelling us.  It didn't make the good-byes easier though.  Though my emotions may waver, His faithfulness and grace have and will not. EVER.

It is good to be back.  The 3 plane rides and 2 layovers where some of our easiest yet.  We all adjusted to the time difference in 2 days....a new record for sure.  God truly is faithful.

We've jumped full swing into ministry this past week.  We've had countless catch-up coffees with friends, went to church (in Prilep)- -I love getting to say that now! :)  We've had ESL registration.  We've had some friends over for dinner and they actually loved it (if you've ever heard me talk about my frustrations with cooking for Macedonians you'll know why this was such a huge deal for me).  We had a baby shower for some dear friends who got all of our baby equipment (sorry Grandparents)...The kids start preschool tomorrow and Normandale Baptist arrives tonight from Texas to spend a week ministering with us.  We are so blessed to be here.  To serve the Lord and the people HE loves here.  Thank you for all of your prayers...we feel them....I promise you.  Keep them coming!

Here are some random pictures of our time in America this summer.






















No comments: