January
14, 2015
“No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but
I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and
looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and
receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to
heaven.”
Philippians 3:13-14
It is
the Old New Year today. It is such a
funny thing to me that they still celebrate that over here. Maybe it is do-over for me. I can start fresh again since I’ve had 2
whole weeks to mess it up already. The
fact that it is the Old New Year also means we celebrate another year in
Macedonia...8 years! 8 years is short or long depending on how you look at it,
though today it feels long. I feel like God is teaching me new things every day.
I prayed for new and I’m getting it. Unfortunately, most of those new things
are about how ugly my heart is and how I need to change. No, I am still not all I should be. Far from it. I will focus on forgetting the
past (at least the bad parts) and looking forward as I strive to continue the
race of life well. Heaven and eternity
with Jesus is the prize. Lord, help me
to change and to grow in You. Help me to
think the best of others and to be an encourager to everyone I talk to. Help me to be encouraged as well even when
the days (like today) are really tearful and just plain disappointing. Here’s
to another year of serving Him and His amazing grace that will sustain me no
matter what the year will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment