The differences between men and women are so numerous, and Jeff remindes me every day how much we are different! Last Sunday Jeff came home from being out with some friends and he told me he had gotten me something- -I love surprises so my eyes lit up and and I went to go see what it was. Well, I went in the kitchen expecting to see flowers- I didn't see anything but a paper sack. Okay I thought to myself- -alot of things can come in a paper sack. Jeff looks at me with a cute grin and says that he got me an American donut!!! Needless to say it excited him much more than it did me. I got real quiet and he didn't understand why. I know it's the thought that counts but then Jeff said that he didn't even buy it for me, but a friend of his bought it and gave it to him and he thought he would be "sweet" and gave it to me. We had a long talk....
So,....They don't celebrate Valentine's day here officially even though you see hearts everywhere- -but they have Woman's day on March 8th- -lucky me! Jeff was really sweet and I think he learned from a few nights before- -he got me beautiful roses the day before Valentine's day to surprise me!!!
HUGE Prayer request:
We are facing strong opposition from Nade's mother who owns the house where we have been meeting on Sundays. She is not a believer and is very hositle towards Christianity. She knows that we are trying to start a church and has lashed out against Andre and Nade (who also live in the house with her) This is very disheartening- -but we know that God works all things according to His pupose. Please pray for this lady- -we will call her "Baba" Pray that her heart will be softened and that we will have wisdom to know where we need to have our meetings. Thank you!
1 comment:
Ok, I'll bite here! My question was.... Was it a donut from the "Amy" bakery? That would make it really special, besides the fact that it made it home without being polished off in secret! An American donut in a faraway place...a special treat for a special lady...a valentine's first-fruit ...or preview...! Whatever, what do I know from across the way? Fun story, guys, with roses to boot! The snow pics are beautiful! We had some in NC a couple of weeks ago, but it came and went quickly. It is still cold here... I hope all is well with you two and the team and that the event this week-end went well. Blessings from the Hortons
Post a Comment