Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy 2009!

You know you are getting older when you don't want to go anywhere on New Years Eve, but we made ourselves brave the freezing (12 degree weather) and watch the New Year come in with Macedonian lip syncing and fireworks- -some of which managed to be shot right at my face. It burned a little, but no permanent marks. We are so thankful for all that happened in 2008- the good and the bad- and we are looking forward to what 2009 will bring. Here is a picture of us at the stroke of midnight- -I would love to say this was also the moment I was shot by the fireworks (by the expression on my face you would think so), but I was just caught off guard.

The other night we were having dinner with our landlords and our landlord said, "You know the one thing that I will always remember about Jeff?" I have to be honest here and say that I was preparing myself for some smart/funny comment. He said, "He puts Jesus first above everything"- And then he said, "I had never even thought about doing that until I met Jeff." I pray that that is said about us this year no matter what happens. I pray that we will point people to Jesus in all that we do, say, and think.

1 comment:

Jill said...

really awesome what the landlord said!