Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflection and a Resolution

I've been reflecting on 2011 and all that God has done in my heart, in our ministry, in our family, etc......which is relatively easy to do now thanks to Blogging. :)

So, I realized that I've been....

Torn....when we boarded a plane returning to Macedonia with not just one, but two small children.

Inspired....as I began to start new things such as cooking classes and children's story hours.

Exhausted....as I began learning how to raise 2 kids overseas without losing my mind.

Elated....as I watched Macedonian believers follow through with baptism.

Discouraged....as I watched our small group Bible study get even smaller and key people leaving.

Saddened....as I said goodbye to the Kirkpatrick family for an entire year as they went on stateside.

Shocked....as I learned of our friends/teammates who have a son battling cancer.

Grateful....for the month of grandparents in September.

Encouraged.....as I really began making close Macedonian friends who are young moms.

Confused....as to why some people have to go through so many hardships to adopt the orphans of this world.

In awe...as God was so evidently in all the details of our trip back to America to see Papaw.

Heartbroken....when I think of the lostness here and around this world.

Expectant...of God doing great things despite what our limited eyes can see.

One thing is clear: my emotions have changed often, God has not. He is the same. His Word is powerful and I want this next year to be a year where I hide more of His Word in my heart so that I can better deal with everything that God has in store for 2012.

I started reading a book last night called 100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know by Heart by Robert J. Morgan. Here is a link to the verses he recommends memorizing in notecard form: (many of them you may already know) click here

Point: there is nothing that can make 2012 better than being armed with the very words of God, ready to fight this battle we are in as Christians in this fallen world.

This is a picture of the ESL Christmas party we had last week.

No comments: