Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How Deep His Love Is


So, I spent my Valentine's day in a dentist chair (well, at least 2 hours of it)...completing the 4-step process of my root canal. I had no idea how involved the procedure was, or just how painful it would be. Apparently I have unique canals that make things difficult...ha! Three of my four visits were without anesthesia. Two of those four I was told I should have no pain (both of which I ended up in tears). Someone lied or was very misinformed. :) Good thing- -it is OVER and I've learned more about Macedonian dental care than I ever cared to. I can honestly say I dread going to the dentist more than almost anything now. Is there a dentist phobia? I may have it!

The day wasn't all bad though. We were able to take Maggie with us to Skopje this time and have a special day for her to celebrate V-day. We ate lunch together and then she was able to play at an indoor playground while I was being tortured :0)

All pain aside...I am SO incredibly grateful for the love that surrounds me....

For my wonderful husband who makes me laugh and leads our family,
for two amazing children who wear me out day after day,
for our family in America who love us from afar,
for family HE provides on this side of the ocean,
and most of all, for God's indescribable love.

This song is a beautiful word picture of that love....Thank you Jesus!

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that left Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

No comments: