Tuesday, December 03, 2013

A Better Outlook on the Everyday

He is good ALL THE TIME.  It’s something we usually say after something that was bad turns into something good.  Maybe that’s just me.  I don’t find myself in the thick of life, on the worst of days believing this with my whole heart.  It’s been a tough week...

1....Cooking Thanksgiving dinner by myself for 16 people. (Every year I say I’ll never do it again, and I then I do it all over again)

2....A broken washing machine resulting in a flooded office (twice)

3....My daughter has an ear infection

4....Possible BIG setbacks with the ministry here

5....I have a pesky cold

HE is good....ALL THE TIME

A different (perhaps more holy) way to look at the exact same circumstances....

1....We have lots and lots of good Macedonian friends God has blessed us with....so many that we have a hard time narrowing down who to invite to our Thanksgiving feast.

2....For $20 dollars and only 4 days of piled up laundry later, we got our washing machine fixed like new.

3....It’s my daughter’s very first ear infection...ever (at least that I can remember).  And, we live exactly 3 doors down from the best Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor in town. She started antibiotics exactly one hour after she started complaining about her ear hurting her.

4.....GOD is so much bigger and HIS plans are so much greater than what we can see in this finite moment in time.  HE is infinite and HE is in control and HE will be glorified.


5....A little cold makes me finally slow down long enough to write a blog post and get to bed before midnight.  J

LORD, help me to see my often-times frustrating circumstances in light of YOUR infinite goodness and grace.  Help me to remember that these moments are fleeting, but YOU are forever.  Help me believe with all my heart that YOU truly are good ALL THE TIME!



2 comments:

Liz said...

Will be thinking of you - hoping everyone is back to health soon. So glad you are back to posting more often, though. We love reading your adventures.

Kagey Barrow said...

Would like to know what might be the BIG set backs so I can pray

Rev. Kagey Barrow