We are called to daily die,
right? It is SO hard to do.
For some it means dying to
the “BIG things”....
to comforts,
to position,
to dreams we once had,
to staying when we
desperately want to go,
to going when we desperately
want to stay.
For each of us the daily
dying looks different. But we are called
to die...
To ourselves
To live this life for HIM
No matter our address
Daily dying is harder. Giving up the “Bigger things” comes easier
for me personally.
I’ve appreciated a couple of
articles recently that have come out debunking the crazy myth that Missionaries
are super-human, super Christians, super-anything actually.
We are not. I’ll only speak for myself from now on. I am NOT.
I still have to choose like
everyone to die to self. Daily.
I have not arrived or
obtained.
I am lacking and I am weak. Praise Jesus....HE is the fulfillment of all
things and is strong.
I struggle and fight with
myself, with my own desires and emotions, with discouragement, and occasionally even with my teammates. He calls us to
indescribable peace with Himself, with our calling, and with others.
I love and serve until I
don’t think I can love and serve anymore and I realize I was doing it in my own
strength, because HIS love has no end and He is the ultimate Servant.
I want to live up to all the expectations,
but I fall very short. Well, maybe not
on FB or in newsletters, but in reality I do. Perhaps more would feel called if they didn’t
think they had to reach some unattainable status before they surrendered it
all.
God’s Grace. It’s the only reason I came almost 8 years
ago and why I am still here. It’s what
keeps me and holds me and inspires me that there is hope for everyone because
HE saved a wretch like me.
“For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever
loses his life for My sake will find it!” Matthew 16:25
“I have been crucified with Christ and I
no longer live, but Christ lives in me.” Galatians 2:20”
“I
die every day--I mean that, brothers--just as surely as I glory over you in
Christ Jesus our Lord.” (1 Cor 15:31).
It’s Good News and Hard News and
very much Worth It All News. Amen!

No comments:
Post a Comment