It's been far too long since I have gotten on this thing...so much so, that I truly forgot how to post. Ha. Jeff thinks I live my life in blog posts in the way I share stories and updates with people.
So, here goes a post after all this time...
Years ago, I wrote a blog post called 'Unexpected' where I told about the time I accidentally got a root canal without anesthesia. :) If there is one word I would NOT use to describe our life over here, it would be predictable. It's really okay though. I hate getting stuck in ruts and I seriously like change most of the time (I know I am crazy).
So yesterday as I bused all over Skopje with three seven year olds and a six year old, it would have been boring if everything had gone smoothly. The way there was fun, even easy and relaxing after I relearned how to buy a bus ticket. Seems we go to America for a couple of months, and they have changed their whole pricing and system. There we were on our double decker experience across town. We were killing time and heading to the lego festival at the mall, which was a fun, and best of all, free, adventure.
Coming back we couldn't find the right bus stop and eventually ended up on the wrong bus due to some well-meaning misinformation. We won't blame Jeff though ;) ha! It did,however, take us in the right general direction, so I didn't realize it was the wrong bus until we were in our part of town. I hurriedly got the kids off the bus, rushing them out as they are literally chanting, "no troll left behind." HA! I can't make this stuff up....
It took me a few minutes, but I figured out where we were and managed to corral the kids in my mini-daycare on major streets, trying to dodge traffic (really not as bad as it sounds). The whole time the kids were just happily along for the ride (or walk)....and I kept thinking I wish I could be more child-like and carefree sometimes. It was a finish up with a (secret stash) Big Cup Reese's kind of day that reminded me once again that I still have much to learn in my unpredictable world.

No comments:
Post a Comment